How to Generate or Change HDFC Credit Card Pin, Customer Care
If you’ve recently received an HDFC credit card, you’ll need to take a crucial step before you can use it to make online purchases and withdrawals from ATMs: setting up a secure four-digit PIN.
This is a simple process that should be noticed, as it is crucial to protect your financial information and prevent unauthorized card use.
The PIN creation process can vary depending on how you received your card and PIN information. If you received a physical PIN in the mail, you could activate your card by calling the HDFC customer service hotline and following the prompts to create your PIN.
Alternatively, you may have received a GREEN PIN OTP (one-time password) via text message on your registered mobile number. In this case, you can follow the instructions to generate your PIN and activate your card.
Activating HDFC Credit Card PIN
When you’ve successfully set a new PIN for your credit card, you’re all set to use it for various purposes, such as making online purchases or withdrawing cash from ATMs.
However, if you encounter any difficulties while using your card, don’t worry; HDFC credit card customer care is always there to assist you.
All you need to do is reach out to them and report the issue you’re facing, and they’ll take care of the rest. Remember, your credit card is a valuable financial asset, so always take steps to protect it and use it responsibly.
Methods to Generate HDFC Credit Card PIN
Your HDFC credit card PIN can be generated through either an HDFC ATM or HDFC net banking. These two methods offer a convenient way to set up your PIN without hassle.
However, before proceeding with either option, you must ensure that you have all the necessary information and details to complete the process successfully.
Generate HDFC Credit Card PIN at an ATM
Generating your HDFC credit card PIN at an ATM can be a simple process, but ensuring that you have all the necessary information and tools is essential.
First, ensure you have your credit card, which you’ll need to initiate the PIN generation process. Next, confirming that you have received the One-Time Password (OTP) required for PIN generation on your mobile device is essential.
If you haven’t received the OTP, don’t worry – contact HDFC credit card customer care to request one.
Follow these instructions to generate your HDFC credit card PIN:
- Insert your HDFC credit card in the ATM machine and choose the language of your preference.
- Sellec the option, ‘Create new ATM PIN using OTP’.
- Type the new OTP that you received as SMS.
- Next, you’ll need to type your phone number
- Type any 4-digit security PIN you can always remember.
- Type the security PIN again
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button
Upon successful setup of the PIN, you will receive a message that your new credit card PIN has been generated successfully.
Generate HDFC Credit Card PIN Online
If you’re already an HDFC net banking user, accessing your account to generate your credit card PIN is a breeze.
However, if you’re not yet signed up for online banking, you’ll need to register first before being able to set your PIN for your new HDFC credit card.
Follow these instructions to generate your HDFC credit card PIN online:
- Login to your HDFC net banking account.
- Click on ‘Cards
- Click on Credit Cards’
- Click on ‘Request’
- Select the option ‘Instant PIN Generation’.
- From the drop down menu, Select your credit card and then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Enter a 4-digit Security pin
- Enter the security pin again and click ‘Continue’.
- Select the phone number option.
- To receive one-time pin, otp, click on ‘Continue’ button
- Enter the OTP you receive on your phone and then click ‘Continue’ to complete the process.
Upon completion of the process, a new screen prompt will come up with successful change of your new HDFC credit card PIN. To activate your HDFC credit card, you can begin using it for shopping and ATM transactions.
How to Change Your HDFC Credit Card PIN
When you first receive a physical Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your HDFC credit card, it is highly recommended that you take the time to change it before using the card. This is a simple but effective measure that can greatly enhance the security of your credit card.
Changing HDFC Credit Card PIN at an ATM
- Insert your credit card into an HDFC ATM and select your preferred language.
- Enter your existing security PIN.
- Next, Click ‘Change PIN.’
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
- Type in a new 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Type the new PIN again and click on ‘Submit.’
- You will receive a screen prompt confirming success change of your security PIN. Contact the bank if you have yet to attempt to change your PIN.
How to change Your HDFC Credit Card PIN Via online Banking
- Go to the HDFC website and log in to your online banking account.
- Click ‘Cards
- Click the Credit Card option
- Select ‘Credit card.’
- Click on ‘Change Security PIN.’
- The bank will send an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the One time pin sent to your phone and click ‘Continue.’
- Now, Enter a new four digit security PIN you can easily remember.
- Type the new security PIN again and click ‘Submit.’
- HDFC Bank will notify you that your PIN has been changed. Contact the bank if you did not attempt to change your PIN.
Changing HDFC Credit Card PIN by Sending an SMS
To send an SMS from your registered mobile number to 5676712, you only need to follow a simple format that involves a few key elements. First, you’ll need to start with the letters “CCPIN,” which serve as a unique identifier for your credit card.
Then, you’ll need to add the last four digits of your credit card number, represented by the letters “XXXX.”
HDFC Credit Card PIN Safety Precautions
To protect your HDFC credit card from fraudsters and hackers, follow these safety precautions:
- Never share your PIN or the one-time passwords you receive on your mobile with anyone.
- Do not ask someone to generate a credit card PIN for your account.
- You can use your pc or smartphone to generate or change HDFC credit card PINs.
- Never share pictures of your credit card with anyone.
- Do not share your credit card details through emails, SMS services, etc.
- Do not write down your credit card PIN on your card or a piece of paper.
In a case of credit card being lost or stolen, What can I do?
If you’ve unfortunately lost your HDFC credit card, you must take swift action to prevent any unauthorized use. To do this, you should immediately contact HDFC customer care and inform them about the loss. Request them to block the card as soon as possible, as this will prevent any fraudulent transactions from taking place.